Sheldon "Shelly" Finkelstein
|Sheldon "Shelly" Finkelstein|
Sheldon "Shelly" Finkelstein is one of the Counselors in Friday the 13th: The Game, and is nicknamed "The Prankster". He is one of the five counselors already unlocked in the beginning of the game, the others being Kenny Riedell, Chad Kensington, Jenny Myers, and Vanessa Jones.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
At first glance, Shelly doesn't seem to have many useful stats that make him seem great for surviving against Jason. His Luck is terrible, his Stealth is at the borderline edge of uselessness, and his running stats aren't great either. However, Shelly shines in some ways. Shelly can serve you well if the opportunity presents itself.
First off, Shelly has high strength, meaning that hitting Jason with weapons stuns him for longer periods. With this in mind, he should be armed with a weapon at all times, unless there is an opportunity to fix things, but with his average repair, he should repair when there is time to. A good strategy is to use Shelly's high strength to hit Jason, and while he is stunned, pick up a repair part and rush it into the objective that needs completion. With a perfect QTE, the part will be there before Jason recovers. This can make Shelly great for repairing objectives when other repair counselors aren't around. However, be aware that your weapons will break easily, so always try to keep yourself armed in a pinch.
Another useful way to use Shelly is by being a decoy. As Shelly's running stats aren't the best, most Jasons will try to come after you. This can be used to an advantage, as while Shelly won't be outrunning Jason, he can get away, and use weapons in order to waste Jason's time, while keeping his attention due to the fact that it might seem easy to get him.
Overall, while Shelly can shine in the right hands even by himself, try to work with a group when using him, as he works great in coordination with other, slower counselors who can all stand their ground against Jason. Also, keep in mind that you have to work against the clock, so try to get things done before Jason gets Rage, as the hit and run/work strategy of Shelly will cease to work then! In the right hands, this jokester of Higgins Haven can be used as a useful tool in order to get things done that are needed in order to prove that he can change his fate.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shelly is based on his character from Part III, where he involuntarily gave Jason his iconic hockey mask.
- After Rob Dier, Tommy Jarvis, and Fox, Sheldon "Shelly" Finkelstein is the fourth non-Jason character directly taken from the films without alteration.
- One of Shelly's outfits are inspired off of the infamous Evel Knievel.
- Another outfit for Shelly may be joking about his weight as its color scheme may be representing the fast-food restaurant McDonald's.
- Finally, the last outfit you unlock for Shelly is a reference to the 1972 film "The Godfather". The only difference is that Shelly's bowtie is untied compared to original.
Gallery[edit | edit source]